Speech on Solar Energy:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I’m here today to give a speech on “Solar Energy” to the teachers and students of this school. Today, we will talk about what Solar Energy is, how it works, the equipment needed to ensure the proper use of solar energy, the meaning of solar power, its advantages and disadvantages.
Solar Energy is energy generated from the sun. It is when heat from the sun is used to produce electricity. Solar Energy is a very beneficial form of providing electricity as it is directly from the sun and the sun is there every day waiting to be explored. It is a technology that reduces the cost and consumption of electricity, improving the standard of living and reducing the cost of living.
When Solar Energy is converted to electricity, it is called Solar Power. Solar Energy is converted to electricity through the use of Solar Panel and other solar architecture. Solar Panels harness the energy from sunlight and use it to generate clean and renewable solar power.
Advantages of Solar Energy:
- It is renewable energy, and it comes from the sun and the sun will always come out every day.
- It is not expensive. The sun rays are free and some solar power equipment will cost a bit but it will still be affordable for the vast majority.
- It does not cause pollution unlike other sources of electrical energy.
- It is inclined to work only in urban areas but in rural areas as well i.e. it can be used anywhere that there is the presence of the sun.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy:
- Even though the cost of the equipment is not too expensive, the deployment of the equipment is quite costly.
- It requires a large area of space to deploy the equipment.
- Energy harnessed from the sun is usually not enough compared to other electricity sources.
- It is usually used in the day and it is difficult to produce energy when the sunlight supply is not enough.
Thank you for being present here to listen to my speech. I hope you enjoyed the topic and it was of interest to you all.
By Ananda (2019)