Books are like a treasure, sometimes a treasure of knowledge, sometimes of learning new skills and sometimes of entertainment. The key to this treasure chest lies in acquiring the skill to read. Once that is done, a new world opens out to you. And the surprises and gems in this are never ending. The world of reading books is equally endless. From ancient times, whatever knowledge has been acquired, and recorded, about any subject under the sun, you will find in books.
The Importance of Reading Books – Essay 1.
Reading books have been known to change lives. Criminals reading spiritual books in prison have been known to become saints. Of course for children, reading books starts with seeing the pictures in the pictures books. Slowly as they learn letters, words and the words start making sense, the excitement and the sense of achievement grows and then there’s no looking back.
Watching this miraculous process of a child learning to read books is very rewarding.
- Reading books is an activity that most people have to undergo as a part of acquiring education.
- Books of all kinds are available for you add to your knowledge. All you’ve got to do is pick up a book on a topic of interest and read.
- For children reading books is not only a fun activity but also adds to their confidence and achievement as they go on adding to the list of ‘Already read books’.
- Reading books adds to your vocabulary and gives a better understanding of the usage of grammar practically. This goes particularly for children as they learn languages.
- When one learns a new language, the most useful thing to do apart from trying to converse with people in that language is to read books, especially children’s books in that language, which have easy grammar and a beginner’s level of grammar.
- Reading books is a great hobby for many people. Even in the era of digitization, e-books are a solution for technology savvy book lovers.
- Reading Bedtime stories are still a favourite activity for many children across the globe. A parent reading stories to children in bed gets to bond even better with them.
Reading books is a privilege that is available to most people. However not many people can get this in the modern life of rush.
By Janhavi (2018)
Importance of Reading Books – Essay 2
Books are an important aspect of our learning experience. Books are rich repositories of knowledge. We find books in various forms around us from magazines to novels to self-help and academic books. They have managed to create a genre for just the needs of every individual.
Everyone has had a connect with books in some way or the other, be it those bed time reads or those exam reads. However, this was not the case always.
Books have not been so easily available in the past but today they are in plenty. The development of printing technologies have made books cheaper and made them more easily available to all.
Reading books comes with significance to the development of the individual. The first and most important benefit that is derived from books is the development of language. It helps build vocabulary and extend our understanding of words beyond just their meaning to understanding the context of their use. The second is the development of cognitive abilities especially at the young age. It helps develop a perspective on various issues ranging from the self to the society. This enables us to understand societal problems as well as individual issues in a more comprehensive and holistic manner. In a world of internet where everything is just a search away, the benefits that books give us remain unchanged.
Beyond the realms of knowledge, books also play an important recreational role. It is never an overstatement to say that books are a window into the other world. They are big stress busters as they help us to escape from the stress and anxiety of everyday life. The added bonus here is that there is a book for everyone making it a perfect stress buster. It helps in stimulating the brain and memory by increased cognitive function. It helps in keeping the brain healthy and stimulated. This also helps in keeping the creative energies active. Books help us to visualise the text and stimulate our creativity and imagination. Maintaining a regular reading habit can be helpful to us in the long run to keep ourselves updated and relaxed.
By Swetha (2019)
Last updated: June 20, 2019.