Reading means looking at printed or digitized words on a page and making meaning from them. Reading can be done in a variety of languages. Alternatively, reading can be done by touch using Braille.
Reading is also useful. Below are 25 reasons why we should read more:
- Reading is a way of learning new things.
- We can connect with others over books we have read.
- Reading lets us escape from the world.
- Following characters’ lives teaches us empathy.
- You cannot be a good writer unless you read a lot.
- Reading is a lovely way to pass the time.
- Reading places less strain on the eyes than playing videogames.
- Reading develops the brain.
- Reading helps us to be good communicators.
- The physical feel of a book links us to ancient traditions.
- Reading is fun.
- Printed guides can save our lives.
- Recipe books nourish us.
- Letters between friends strengthen human bonds.
- Apt quotations drawn from books can be cited whenever we have to make a speech.
- Literary references help to add colour to our conversation.
- Reading is essential for many degrees and school subjects.
- For many jobs, you need to be able to read.
- Literacy is the foundation of other skills.
- Reading instructions is essential for dealing with equipment.
- Reading to children is a vital family activity.
- Reading helps us to make sense of the world around us.
- Reading can connect us with history.
- Actors need to read their parts.
- Reading broadens our horizons.
Conclusion: We should all read more.